These are so utterly simple but so worth the 5-minute effort. When you don’t have time to bake, need a fast snack, and are fond of cookies BAM! Energy bites, I cannot believe these haven’t been in my repertoire before now. They sure will be from here on out.
The napkin really upped the ante for my mini snackers. Just a tiny prop to add to the story that yes, these no-bake cookies will give you power!
Makes 8 Balls
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (you can substitute seed butter for allergies)
2 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons honey
In a medium-sized bowl, combine ingredients with a spatula until well mixed. Using wet hands-not dripping just slightly wetted (makes it sooo much easier) roll about a tablespoon at a time into a ball. Refrigerate in Tupperware or under plastic wrap until ready to eat.
You can honestly eat these right from the bowl, the refrigeration makes slightly less sticky for the honey and peanut butter- especially after rolling in hands. They’re a lot less messy after they are refrigerated.
Let the kids help themselves, but keep wet napkins handy.
Tidying Tips from Tidy Dad
1. Store snacks and drinks in locations and at heights that kids are able to independently access.
2. Put out healthy snacks that you are okay with your kids eating, whenever they are hungry!
3. Store kid-friendly plates, napkins, and utensils in locations that they can access independently.
4. Invite kids to set the table and clear the table after snack time and mealtime.
5. Invest in some colorful and fun cloth wipes so that kids can independently clean their hands and faces after mealtime!
6. After mealtime is finished, give them a shallow container of water mixed with a little bit of soap, and invite kids to clear and clean their eating space.